Paywings Payroll 4.X Installation to Setup Guide
Paywings Payroll 4.X is an enterprise grade payroll software with unmatched capabilities when compared to any other Payroll Solution. Paywings can be deployed in a single system, or within your office network using an ordinary PC as a server and as many clients as desired. Paywings can also be deployed in the cloud and be accessed over the internet from client PCs from multiple geographies. Paywings Payroll SME license does not limit the number of users or the number of employees, in fact, it does not limit its users on any aspect.
Follow these steps in sequence to quickly install and set up Paywings for your first use.
One time activity
- Installing of Prerequisites: Installation of .Net Framework, SQL Server, Crystal Reports, and more. See Installing Prerequisites.
- Installation of Paywings: Install the Paywings software. If you chose to install from setup.exe, it will automatically download all prerequisites (except SQL Server). See how to install Paywings.
- DB Installation: - This will configure the application to connect database where it would connect to. See database installation.
- Application Settings : - In application settings the user or admin will setup the system; the initial setup is carried out. The Name and Logo of the company, the age of retirement, the Active Directory Setup of the Company, Mail Server Settings, Birthday & Anniversary wishes. See How to do Application Settings.
- Pay Group-> Grade -> Step :- The user defines pay-group, grades under the pay-group and steps under the grades in the application. Later the employees will be assigned to these pay-groups, Grades and steps while they are registered with the system. See how to add pay groups.
- Department -> Unit :- The user creates Departments and Units under these departments. They are later assigned to the employees while they are registered with the system. See how to add departments
- Designation :- The Designations/job titles of the employees in the organization are defined here.
- Bank -> Bank Branch :- The Banks and the respective branches are defined here. See how to add bank Later the employees based on their work location are assigned with suitable bank and respective branch. See how to add bank branch.
- Employees : - The employees are registered here. The employee details e.g. contacts, joining date, promotion anniversary, probation details, payroll details, reporting manager, and the bank details are assigned here.
- Component Master :- (Taxable Components, Non-Taxable Components, Statutory bodies)The component types like Basic, HRA, Transport, Meal, Utility, Advance, Call Duty, Deduction, Earning, Fixed, Loan, and Variable components on the basis of percentage are defined here. See how to add component master.
- Fixed / Incremental values : - The Fixed Pay or Incremental pay for the Grades under Pay Group. Fixed pay will be constant, and should be mentioned separately for each Step. Incremental pay should be incremented by a certain amount that will be defined here. Find description of Fixed/Incremental Values here.
- Formula Editor :- The formulas for calculating the pay of employees pertaining to all the Pay Group are defined here. See more on Formula Editor.
- Pay Template :- In the Pay Template the user/admin assigns the formulas defined in the Formula Editor or the fixe incremental value to the components of each Pay Group. See how to add pay template.
- Calendar : - Calendar defined are referenced in assigning shifts for the employees if required. A new calender can be created by the admin/user defing the checked days and defining new timings and the weekly offs or specfic day can be set off etc. See how to add a calendar.